Gun Control, Hillary Clinton, Obama and The UN Arms Trade Treaty

President Barack Obama has now brought America into the negotiations after the Bush administration voted against them.

Partners in Crime Against the 2nd Amendment

The UN Arms Trade Treaty (ATT) is now being conducted behind closed doors with finalization expected in July and implementation expected by the end of this year. Obama and his administration are in full support of ATT as Secretary of State Hillary Clinton leads international gun control.

From the independent.co.uk - The global arms trade, which produces two bullets for every person on the planet every year and the weapons that kill 1,500 people each day, is facing the first worldwide effort to control it. An unprecedented treaty that would attempt to restrict arms sales is expected to be drawn up at talks in the United Nations this week.

Negotiators at the UN will begin their final week of talks to agree on the terms of the treaty before world leaders gather in July to vote on it.

London Foreign Office minister Alistair Burt conceded yesterday that there would have to be compromises” during the negotiation of the final treaty, stating, “Securing an arms trade treaty is a priority for this Government and we have made that clear since we came into office. It must be robust. We will not support a weakened treaty. We want it to cover all conventional arms and their munitions.”

Once the treaty is signed, those who do not meet its terms will be liable for prosecution under international law.

A report from the Heritage Foundation, has outlined why YOU, the United States should be concerned.

• The U.S. position is that the ATT should not include hunting weapons. Unfortunately, many major countries have made it clear that they want the treaty to include these weapons. The draft paper notes that the ATT will cover, inter alia, small arms, light weapons, their parts or components, ammunition, and equipment used to develop, manufacture, or maintain any of these items. It does not exclude hunting weapons. This is avowedly unacceptable to the U.S. The draft also does not exclude sporting firearms or other small arms that could conceivably have a military use but are actually for self-protection, such as revolvers.
  • The scope of the treaty—which controls everything from rifle scopes to battleships, as well as the technology necessary for their production—means it would be unenforceable without a very substantial expansion of federal authority. The U.S. should not sign treaties that are so broad that their impact cannot be precisely understood, and the ATT would affect every individual and U.S. business that deals in any way with any conventional weapon. Such a treaty could not meaningfully be subject to advice and consent by the Senate.
  • The draft paper requires nations to “maintain records of all imports and shipments of arms that transit their territory” and notes that these records may contain information about the type of arms transferred and their “end users.” This information is to be reported to the treaty’s international Implementation Support Unit, along with the “national legislation or other measures used to regulate or control the items and transactions.” The draft treaty thus views the collection and international reporting of the identities of selected individual firearms owners—the “end users”—as constituting the best practice of treaty compliance. It also appears to suggest the creation of an international gun registry for all firearms that are either imported into or transit national territory.
  • The Senate uses reservations to define and limit the effect of a ratified treaty. The draft paper states that reservations “incompatible with the object and purpose” of the treaty are forbidden. This is a common clause, but in the context of this treaty, it raises special concerns.

The underlying philosophy of the treaty is that arms transfers between U.N. member states are presumptively legitimate, while private arms transfers are problematic and should be subject to national regulation.

The UN Arms Trade Treaty is simply GLOBAL GUN CONTROL!

Print Friendly

40 comments for “Gun Control, Hillary Clinton, Obama and The UN Arms Trade Treaty

1. JOANNE KELLY
    February 24, 2012 at 3:26 pm

I HATE GUNS MYSELF–BUT DO NOT BELIEVE THAT IN ANY WAY SHOULD THERE BE A ARMS TREATY WITH ALL COUNTRIES TO TAKE AWAY OUR RIGHTS AS CITIZENS.
    WHY IS IT OK TO HARBOUR A SADAM HUESEIN– WHY IS IT OK TO HARBOUR A HITLER???????????BUT YET TAKE AWAY OUR FREEDOMS???
    THE SAME PEOPLE WHO WOULD PASS THIS LAW WOULD HAVE APPLAUDED THESE VILE AND CRUEL PEOPLE IN THE WORLD!!!!!
    DO NOT LET THIS PASS!!!!!! IT IS A GESTAPO AGENDA!!!!!!!!!!!

2. February 26, 2012 at 6:56 pm

I don’t own a gun, but everyone that wants one should have the right to get one if they want. I have my eye on a nice sword myself.

3. Jim in Spokane
    February 27, 2012 at 2:42 pm

A word of caution…. NEVER bring a knife to a gunfight….just sayin.

I will defend my right to own my guns, and a BIG problem from a large number of American Patriots if the gubmunt tries to take them. Simple answer to a simple minded problem.

4. April 21, 2012 at 7:59 pm

The Constitution relies on honorable people serving in political office to not violate their oath to protect and defined the Constitution.. their willful treason shows how honorable our present domestic enemies are. They are prohibited by their oath and Constitutional restrictions from signing any treaty that violates any part of it.

I would presume that any foreign or domestic individuals or collectives acting to comply with enforcing any UN contrivance would be met with immediate opposition making blue hats, badges or patches a stupid accessory.

Yank lll

5. Jack
    May 8, 2012 at 6:30 pm

The leadership of this country is insane.

The book “animal farm” comes to mind.

6. Margaret A Fleming
    May 9, 2012 at 10:43 pm

I can’t believe what is happening. We in the USA have the right to bare arms according to the Constitution. When I look what is happening to my America it scares me to death. I do not recognize the USA anymore. Socialism, Marxism or Communism. Sounds like we are doomed. (sorry for any misspellings)

7. Ron Woeber
    May 13, 2012 at 11:04 pm

Looks like Concord and Lexington all over again !!!! Liberty or Death….

8. john mazda
    May 14, 2012 at 3:36 pm

Why isn’t Mr. Romney using this information in his campaign? Is he part of the conspiracy, or is he just waiting for the right moment to lower the boom on the commies

9. David
    May 15, 2012 at 10:51 am

This is a false story. Get your facts together…

10. Jerry C
    May 16, 2012 at 8:54 am

David,
    We believe that everyone has the right to voice their opinion on any of the matters facing our freedoms and nation. I would welcome your facts that support your opinion. However a statement that simply proclaims an opinion doesn’t carry much weight in a debate on any issue.

11. Jack
    June 12, 2012 at 3:43 pm

Jack Nicholson said it best in Batman; What this town needs (washington dc) is a
    enema! sorry for any misspelling

12. no
    July 2, 2012 at 9:42 pm

Guns, guns and more guns. how the h*** are you expect to defend yourself against the government that gets too big. guns, guns, guns duh. its the second amendment of our constitution. the founding fathers of our constitution saw this coming and gave us the right to defend ourselves using guns. its my right and I!m protected by the second amendment not some sneaky under the table un treaty the american people have no say in. its bull**** now how do we stop this dictatorship and imperialistic government?

13. Rretta
    July 3, 2012 at 7:08 am

We stop this dictatorship by getting involved, through education of the masses, by working together and exercising our right to vote them out of office. Politicans love power and we have the ability to take that power away from them. Instead of being angry, get even! Work for and support candidates that truly love this country. Vote with your pocketbook – companies are in business to make money – don’t buy their products or services and let them know why. Victory begins with taking the first step. While we may lose a few battles, persistance wins the WAR!

14. Shannon D Ragain
    July 3, 2012 at 4:17 pm

All i have to say is i dont really care if it passes or not..they wont take my guns and how do they expect to keep the population of animals down? We just need to get that Hilary and Obama out of office and get someone in there that actually cares about our rights as citizens.

15. FOOLS DIE WAITING FOR 911
    July 4, 2012 at 11:59 pm

JUST TAKES ONE HOME INVASION..TO GET SOME SENSE..IF..YOU LIVE THROUGH IT. 911 IS JUST TO BAG YOU AFTER!

16. SAY_NO_TO_BEING_DEFENSELESS
    July 5, 2012 at 12:04 am

JUST TAKES ONE HOME INVASION TO GET SOME SENSE..IF, YOU LIVE THROUGH IT. 911 IS JUST TO BAG THE BODY, AFTER.

17. RIGHT_TO_DEFEND
    July 5, 2012 at 12:08 am

JUST TAKES ONE HOME INVASION TO GET SOME SENSE!! IF, YOU LIVE THROUGH IT. 911…….IS JUST TO BAG THE BODY AFTER ITS TOO LATE. **ITS NOT A COINCIDENCE THIS PRESIDENT IS KEEN ON MAKING SURE WE ARE DEFENSELESS… THEN HE TURNS HIS WOLVES LOOSE ON US, WHILE REDUCING THE POLICE FORCE.

18. RIGHT_TO_DEFEND
    July 5, 2012 at 12:09 am

HITLER, STALIN, MAO.. DISARMED THE PUBLIC FIRST TOO.

19. Jonathan Dill
    July 5, 2012 at 11:09 pm

This is horrible, and why the heck have we not heard about it in the main stream media? My bad that was a dumb question. And I would like to know what David meant by this is a false story.

20. James Clancy
    July 7, 2012 at 6:51 am

This is another case for the Supreme Court if it ever gets that far…Our Bill of Rights and Constitution cannot be surrendered to the United Nations by the Secretary of State or the President to do as they please with it….Their obligation is to abide by and protect our rights…….Never Happen !!!

21. lojack
    July 10, 2012 at 12:46 pm

they can try to take my arms, but Messing with a Texans constitutional rights is not advised. Our founding fathers must be rolling in their graves that we are letting these communist liberal rule us all under a Dictatorship. those of you that put obama in power- i hope you take pride in your direct contribution in destroying this country.

Our freedom is gone. Our voice is ignored. Our possessions no longer belong to us.

” the history of liberty is the history of resistance. The history of liberty is a history of the limitation of governmental power, not the increase of it.”

Wake up people!!!!!!!!

22. Eric
    July 11, 2012 at 11:11 am

I will not will wait for this insanity to pass. I will now go out and buy at least four military grade wepons ( good luck trying to track them )!!!!!! and high powered ammo to go with them, and i will not make the mistake of not having enough ammo. If they do make the mistake of trying to collect wepons across this country, I not only will defend but will go on offence. We the people need to vote this Commie, Pinko, PIG out of office NOW.PS: Don’t for get how effective IED’S were in Iraq. They think we are stupid,and I truley hope and beleve they will under estimate us and our resolve.

23. PAT
    July 11, 2012 at 11:26 am

Almost every person in the world owes his or her livelihood to a gun. However the gun itself did nothing to give you your freedom and your bill of rights. It was the Patriot that held that gun that gave you this great country of ours. Our guns are not the real issue here, having the Government be in control of your every movement is. That is the beauty of the 2nd amendment. It give us the right to bare arms against the Tyranny of our own government if necessary. Hillary, Odama, Pelosi, Reid and NATO are the beginnings of this tyranny.

24. Marvin Gardner
    July 11, 2012 at 10:35 pm

Who does the United Nations think they are to try and impose such restrictions on the United States anyway?
    Why are we even entertaining such foolishness? Why in the hell are we even negotiating with any foreign body about gun control/regulation in the United States?
    The Constitution was created in America by the founding fathers,and under the constitution we are guaranteed rights.So again I ask the question” Who does the United Nations think they are to just all of a sudden impose gun control/gun restrictions on the United States?” and” Why in the hell are we even entertaining such foolishness like this in the first place?”
    I wholeheartedly believe in the Constitution and the Second Amendment and I will not lie down and allow ANYONE to take my gun.Its my right and I’m going to exercise my rights.
    DON’T TREAD ON ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

25. Scott P
    July 13, 2012 at 12:33 pm

The Second Amendment is the heart of the Constitution,without it there will not be a Constitution.Tyranny always has a horrific effect on the citizens = HITLER=STALIN=MAO.American Patriots Stand tall,be proud,and be heard!

26. Mike Garcia
    July 16, 2012 at 11:55 pm

Behind Closed Doors, we vote them, and they vote against US behind closed doors. We are all doomed if the People do not take control of our Government.

27. Jeannine Williamson
    July 18, 2012 at 12:41 am

My home is protected by Remington, Winchester, Smith & Wesson. It will be a cold day in Hell before they take my guns away. My family is made up of ranchers, farmers & military raised to provide food and protect our families with these guns. I’ll defend my 2nd Amendment rights to the bitter end. Side note: we are not entertaining these ideas- Hillary Clinton and our Presidant of these United State Borack Obama are entertaining these ideas. Legal or not legal- the bad guys will ALWAYS have their guns to use against all of us average American citizens.

28. Logan Morgan
    July 20, 2012 at 1:20 pm

I fully support the ATT as a good step toward keeping guns out of the hands of terrorist dictators.

29. dana
    July 20, 2012 at 1:55 pm

Criminals nor Terrorist Obey Laws or Treaties. You need to wake up and join the world of reality instead of living in that fairytale land of yours.
    People of your mindset who support these usurping laws and treaties are the ones who scream the loudest for HELP.

30. shaun
    July 22, 2012 at 2:22 pm

we as a people have a responsibility to our country to defend it from all enemies foreign and domestic and that includes our own government. If we as a people do not feel the government is acting and working as they should we have the responsibilities to overthrow said government and regain our country.our people came to america to get away from the european bureaucracy. why are we trying to sign treaties with them to control us again. we need to rise up and take control of OUR country again.

31. jimani
    July 24, 2012 at 6:57 pm

I think we as Americans have been missing the point for some time and I side with many others that we have allowed our govrenment get to the point that it is running us rather than us running the govrenment, first we had the IRS with broad powers to sieze the american citizens property, then Home land security (GESTAPO) has the authority to arrest you & me with no case, hold us without charge. Thomas Jefferson said it best, if the govrenment is big enough to give you everything it is big enough to take it.

32. jimani
    July 24, 2012 at 7:04 pm

If the powers that be in this country today want my guns they ha best bring as many agents as I have bullets when they come to my door. I will defend to the death my right to keep & bear guns. Long live the 1st & 2nd ammendment. Stand UP AMERICA rid your selvs of these socialist dictators before they enslave us all. THERE IS POWER IN THE BALLOT BOX. If that fails to rid us of then then maybe a little lead poisining is in order for a few to show force

33. July 24, 2012 at 9:06 pm

The united states of America’s bill of rights has no business being used as a bargaining tool by Barack Hussein Obama (African born) and Hillary rhodium Clinton two people who are as un American besides bill who gave us NAFTA as i have ever seen are using.These rights belong to the republic, or has everyone forgot the pledge of aligence . Rember oboma promised change then turned right around and hired john mcain and hillary clinton same old thing he fooled you didnt he. The only change was we got our first non born amercian president, id rather had Arnold Swchwarzenegger at least he owns a gun.

34. Lynn frock
    July 26, 2012 at 12:58 pm

Thousands of men died makings ur freedom a reality that we have today! U take guns from the the American citizens and all hell is gonna brake free I’ll stand up, hold my ground and do what I have to take our country back!
    I’m a soldier, I’m a hunter, I’m a father, I’m a loyal husband, I’m a son, and I’m also a gun owner as well millions other in this free country if things come to we will have another revolutionary war, I swear by god I’ll be one of the millions standing in the front tall and proud we together will stop the tyrants from ruining r great country! Gun control treaty is not the only issue obamacare “hahahahahaha” and others! WE NEED TO STAND UP AND CRUSH THESE TRYANTS

35. this is bullshit
    July 26, 2012 at 2:09 pm

People shouldnt be afraid of the government, the government should be afraid of the people

36. Braxton
    July 26, 2012 at 11:06 pm

^ Perfectly stated. I’m not old enough to vote but I would vote for Romney. I don’t see how they can take an oath and then betray it and all of us. Hope the NRA can do something about this. Vote Romney. He may not be the best but he is better then Obama

37. Jeremy
    September 2, 2012 at 5:51 pm

So far it is apparent that all of the prior respondants are frightened ignorant paranoid individuals who lack respect and think that by shooting at something they will get respect. The Constitution was written by people, not by God. Intelligent rational people can change it if the populous that it was written for no longer possesses the maturity to understand the intent of the original law. Today’s society is too immature and too irresponsible to be allowed the privilege that comes with the complicated intent of the 2nd Amendment. What you all percieve as your Freedom, you would inflict on a civil society as evidenced by the 15,000 gun related deaths and 100,000 gun related injuries in the US each year. Americans and their “freedom” to possess and use their weapons has literally become the death of America. You’re killing us. When the Constitution was written, people made their own ammunition. Gun ownership should be allowed..just not ammunition unless you make your own. If you are as smart as they were then, fine. If you can’t do it, then tough. Good parenting includes teaching their children what’s right and what’s wrong. If they don’t learn, they shouldn’t be allowed to do certain things. You’re not supposed to drive a car until you learn, prove you’ve learned and get licensed and then get insurance to protect in case of an accident. Until you are mature enough to learn that passing an educational program, getting licensed and having insurance only makes sense for gun ownership, you shouldn’t be allowed to have one. Start to act and express yourselves as intelligently as the Constitution writers and then maybe you’ll deserve to own a gun. Right now you’re all just a bunch of loose cannons.

38. dana
    September 2, 2012 at 10:31 pm

Jeremy….This saying holds true: It’s better to keep your mouth shut and let people think you’re stupid, than open your mouth and remove all doubt. In your case, you should have left the keyboard alone!

39. Rretta
    September 3, 2012 at 7:14 am

The intent of the framers of the Constitution is evident in their writings. Perhaps if you actually read something other than liberal publications you might discover that the 2nd Amendment was a guarantee that America would stay free. It is obvious that you got your gun related deaths and injuries figures from some gun control group. The last compiled statistics from an unbiased source in 2010 showed that there were 12,996 murders in the U.S. and of that only 8,775 were from firearms. While any death is sad, the majority of these murders were committed by criminals, not the 273 million honest law abiding gun owners. You might also find it interesting to know that States with the most strict gun control laws had the highest murder rate. In comparison, there are between 33,000 and 43,000 auto deaths each year and unless I am mistaken, all Americans are required to be licensed to drive.

Guns save lives. A study by the Cato Institution reported that tens of thousands of crimes are prevented each year by ordinary armed citizens. Another independent study showed that between 800,000 to 2 million Americans used guns for defensive purposes. A 1993 study by the Florida State University found that 2 million women used a gun to defend themselves against sexual attackers.

If you prefer to face a criminal unarmed, that is your right. But for the rest of us, we prefer to stand on equal ground and defend ourselves. Who knows, someday some “loose canon” may actually prevent your death.

40. Joseph Aragon
    October 25, 2012 at 1:50 pm

If you want to get their attention on a certain date before the election all of us should got to our employer and stop having taxes taken out of our checks. You’ll see that the government does’t care about what we want, just the upper 1%. But if you don’t have money you can’t pay the UN, foreign PUCKS and these slime ball house, senate and president. It is sure funny how this government acts like a spoil kid that wants evrything and want you to pay for it. The only way to stop these spoiled kids is to cut their money off. You’ll see how fast they do a one eighty. If you don’t have money to pay your debts, Oh well!!! Also if china owns so much of the US debts they will want a piece of the US. You can thank hillay for that, but not is lost! I didn’t sign that paper and I didn’t get a kick back. So. guess what Hillary Obama Rommey MACain and all you other low lifes can pay it back to china all the money you have stolen from the AMERICAN People. You can’t make your happiness on the misery of others. time to be held accountible. POWER to The PEOPLE. Oh by the way just try and takes my guns!! food for thought!!!! Peace!