Just what is the Special Response Team and WHY do they have eight of these?
Can you say…………………POLICE STATE?
Who are they going to point the weapons at, and where are the trucks going? Chicago, Charlotte & Tampa… but first, LA, of course.
Teams are often equipped with specialized firearms including submachine guns, assault rifles, breaching shotguns, riot control agents, stun grenades, and sniper rifles. They have specialized equipment including heavy body armor, ballistic shields, entry tools, armored vehicles, advanced night vision optics, and motion detectors for covertly determining the positions of hostages or hostage takers inside enclosed structures.
The ICE Homeland Security Investigations (HSI) directorate is a critical asset in the ICE mission, responsible for investigating a wide range of domestic and international activities arising from the illegal movement of people and goods into, within and out of the United States.
HSI investigates immigration crime, human rights violations and human smuggling, smuggling of narcotics, weapons and other types of contraband, financial crimes, cybercrime and export enforcement issues. ICE special agents conduct investigations aimed at protecting critical infrastructure industries that are vulnerable to sabotage, attack or exploitation.
In addition to ICE criminal investigations, HSI oversees the agency’s international affairs operations and intelligence functions. HSI consists of more than 10,000 employees, consisting of 6,700 special agents, who are assigned to more than 200 cities throughout the U.S. and 47 countries around the world.
Listed under National Security are:
- Border Enforcement Security Task Force
- Counterterrorism & Criminal Exploitation Unit
- Counter-Proliferation Investigations Unit
- Export Enforcement Coordination Center
- Firearms/Explosives Smuggling
National Security Group Two
- Human Rights Violators & War Crimes Unit
- Illicit Pathways Attack Strategy
- Joint Terrorism Task Force
- National Security Liaisons
National Security Group Three
- Bulk Cash Smuggling Center
- Cultural Property, Art & Antiquities Investigations
- Customs Cross-Designation
- Cyber Crimes Center
- Document & Benefit Fraud Task Forces
- Drug Enforcement Task Forces
- Foreign Corruption Investigations
Investigations Group Two
Investigations Group Three
- Mass-Marketing Fraud
- Money Laundering
- Narcotics Enforcement
- National IPR Coordination Center
- Operation Community Shield/Transnational Gangs
- Operation Predator/Child Exploitation
- Trade Transparency Unit
- Worksite Enforcement
The website also has a Tip Form where you can report suspicious behavor.