Religion, as defined by Websters covers the worship of any one god to the supernatural beliefs in many gods, or no gods. So it is pretty safe to say that the word religion covers pretty much everything one is willing to believe.
The world is adrift with such religious beliefs – Atheism, Buddhism, Christian, Christian Science, Confucianism, Gnosticism, Hare Krisha, Hinduism, Islam, Judaism, Mayan, Mormon, New Age, Satanism, Scientologist, Shinto, Taoism, Wicca, Zoroastrianism, to name only a few.
Websters also defines religion as dogma which is an established belief or doctrine held by anyone or any group. Under this defintion it is reasonable to say that Socialism, Marxism, and Communism would also qualify as religion.
So the next time someone tells you that they are a person of faith – wouldn’t it be reasonable to inquire what faith?
Now that we are once again in an election year, Obama has been desperately trying to convince Christians that he is religious.
Obama’s public statement of his profession of faith – at the end of the day “God is in control.” As a Christian I most definitely agree, but God did give man free will. Obama further explained that being president didn’t mean having to convince folks that his “faith in Jesus is legitimate and real.” “When Jesus walked the earth He made it quite clear that there is no need for convincing because Jesus said a tree is known by its own fruit.”
Again, Obama is correct. A tree is known by its own fruit. Let’s look at the fruit of Obama and his administration:
In 2008 Obama began his assault on Christianity. He dissed Christians in April when he said they cling to their guns and religion and have an “antipathy to people who aren’t like them.
- Obama lifted restrictions on government funding for groups that provide abortion services abroad, forcing taxpayers to fund pro-abortion groups that promote or perform abortions in other nations.
- Obama’s nominee for deputy secretary of state said that American taxpayers are required to pay for abortions and that any limit on abortion funding was unconstitutional.
- Obama announced plans to revoke conscience protection for health workers who refuse to participate in medical activities that go against their faith.
- The White House shut out pro-life groups from attending a health care summit.
- Obama orders taxpayer funding of embryonic stem cell research.
- Obama gave $50 million for UNFPA, the UN population agency that works with China’s one child policy.
- Obama had Georgetown University cover a monogram symbolizing Jesus’s name while he made a speech.
- Obama nominated three pro-abortion ambassadors to the Vatican.
- Obama declined to host services for the National Prayer Day at the White House.
- Obama eliminated all funding for abstinence-only education and replaced it with “comprehensive” sexual education.
- DHS assembles its terrorism dictionary calling pro-life advocates violent and charging that they use racism in the “criminal” behavior.
- Obama illegally extends federal benefits to same-sex partners of Foreign Service and Executive Branch employees in direct violation of the federal Defense of Marriage Act.
- Obama appoints EEOC Commissioner Chai Feldblum who asserted that society should “not tolerate” any “private beliefs,” including religious beliefs, if they may negatively affect homosexual “equality.”
- Obama deliberately began omitting “the Creator” when quoting the Declaration of Independence – an omission he has made on no less than 7 occasions.
- Obama misquoted the National Motto, saying it is “E pluribus unum” rather than “In God We Trust,” as established by federal law.
- Obama used federal funds in violation of federal law to get Kenya to change its constitution to include abortions.
- Obama cut funding for 176 abstinence education programs.
- Obama told researchers to ignore a judge’s decision striking down federal funding for embryonic stem cell research.
- The White House dis-invited Pastor Franklin Graham from the Pentagon’s National Day of Prayer Event because of complaints from the Muslim community.
- Obama required rewriting government documents and a change in administration vocabulary to remove terms that are deemed offensive to Muslims, including jihad, jihadists, terrorists, radical Islamic, etc.
- Obama spoke with great praise of Islam and condescendingly of Christianity on numerous occasions.
- Obama gave his approval of the building of an Islamic mosque at Ground Zero but was silent about a Christian church being denied permission to rebuild at that location.
- Obama regularly refused to issue official proclamations or statements on numerous occasions about traditional Biblical holidays and events while regularly recognizing major Muslim holidays.
- Obama, after a federal law was passed to transfer a WWI Memorial in the Mojave Desert to private ownership, and the Supreme Court ruled that the cross in the memorial could continue to stand, refused to allow the land to be transferred and refused to allow the cross to be re-erected as ordered by the Court.
- Obama directs the Justice Department to stop defending the federal Defense of Marriage Act.
- For more than two years Obama refused to fill the post of Religious Freedom Ambassador in the State Department.
- Obama urged the passage of a nondiscrimination law that does not contain hiring protections for religious groups, forcing religious organizations to hire according to federal mandates without regard to the dictates of their own faith, thus eliminating conscience protection in hiring.
- The Department of Veterans Affairs forbids reference to God and Jesus during burial ceremonies at Houston National Cemetery.
- Obama released the new health care rule that overrides religious conscience protections for medical workers in the area of abortion fulfilling his promise of February 2009.
- The Air Force stopped teaching the Just War theory in California because the course was taught by chaplains based on a philosophy introduced by St. Augustine in the 3rd Century AD.
- Air Force Chief of Staff prohibits commanders from notifying airmen of programs and services available to them from chaplains.
- The Army issued guidelines for Walter Reed Medical Center stipulating that “No religious items”, i.e. Bibles, reading materials and or facts, were to be allowed to be given away or used during a visit.
- The Air Force Academy rescinds support for Operation Christmas Child, a program to send holiday gifts to impoverished children across the world, because the program was run by a Christian charity.
- The Air Force Academy spent $80,000 to add a Stonehenge-like worship center for pagans, druids, witches and Wiccans.
- Obama opposed inclusion of Franklin Roosevelt’s famous D-Day Prayer in the WWII Memorial and unlike previous Presidents, avoided any religious references in his Thanksgiving speech.
- Obama denigrated other countries’ religious beliefs as an obstacle to radical homosexual rights.
- Obama’s Department of Justice refuses to investigate videos showing Planned Parenthood helping alleged sex traffickers get abortions for victimized underage girls.
- Obama allowed homosexuals to serve openly in the military, reversing a policy originally instituted by George Washington in 1778.
- The Pentagon directs military chaplains to perform same-sex marriages at military facilities in violation of DOMA.
- Obama eliminates federal grants to the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops for their extensive programs that aid victims of human trafficking because of the Church’s stand on abortion.
- Obama’s Muslim advisers block Middle Eastern Christians access to the White House.
- Obama argues that the First Amendment provides no protection for churches and synagogues in hiring their pastors and rabbis.
- Obama forgives student loans in exchange for public service, but announced that he will not forgive student loans for public service related to religion.
- The U.S. Military Academy at West Point dis-invited three star Army general and decorated war hero Lt. General William G. Boykin because he is an outspoken Christian.
- The Air Force removed “God” from the patch of the Rapid Capabilities Office.
- In February 2012, The Army orders Catholic chaplains not to read a letter to parishioners that their archbishop asked them to read.
- Obama made apologies for Korans burned by the U.S. military while allowing Christian Bibles to be burnt because it was the “right thing to do.”
- The Department of Health and Human Services issues mandate on religious businesses and organizations to fund sterilization and abortion.
- Obama turned down an offer from Cardinal Dolan to deliver a benediction at the DNC while inviting two radical Muslim activists, Jibril Hough and Siraj Wahhaj to participate.
“For a good tree bringeth not forth bad fruit; neither doth a bad tree bring forth good fruit. For every tree is known by his own fruit. For of thorns men do not gather figs, nor of a bramble bush gather they grapes. A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh.” Luke: 43-45