ISIS is encouraging its followers and supporters to employ a wide variety of ‘disguise and pretense’ tactics in order to facilitate terrorism through infiltration on the western world. In other words, they want to look, act, dress, and even smell like Western Christians.
A detailed Islamic State “secret agent” training manual had been distributed on the Internet designating ways to provide prospective ISIS supporters in Western nations with ways to disguise themselves and their motives when trying to plan and carrying out “lone wolf” attacks and espionage missions.
According to Christian Post reporter Samuel Smith, the 71-page eBook made a number of recommendations on how best to do this. Proposals made to underground extremists in the West include the following:
– Not to show any signs that they’re devout Muslims so that they do not raise suspicion from national and local law enforcement agencies.
– Not to grow their beard out, if they haven’t already. If they have, then they are advised not to shave their beard completely because that would evoke suspicion from friends and family. Instead, the book suggests that supporters should trim their beards into fashionable goatees to fit in better with society.
– For female jihadis, the book advises them not to wear black hijabs and suggests that they wear colored hijabs, because women wearing black hijabs are more likely to be searched in an airport.
– If supporters need to communicate over the phone or Internet, it’s important for them to use code words in order to throw off authorities.
– If the sympathizers are communicating by letter, they should write in lemon juice, which the recipient can read by warming up the paper.
– ISIS supporters should change their Muslim names to something more Western and should act more friendly to help increase the chance that they get some kind of inside government job that will help them carry out their espionage objectives. For instance, a supporter named “Ali” should change his name to “Al.”
– Using Western nicknames to gain more acceptance by non-Muslim colleagues.
The Jerusalem Post reported the release of a handbook titled ‘Safety and Security Guidelines for Lone Wolf Mujahideen’ for ‘wannabe’ terrorists in Britain on how to blend in while planning a terror attack in order to avoid being detected by police. It states to avoid having a beard, wearing qamis (long tunic), using miswak (a teeth-cleaning twig recommended by Prophet Muhammad) and having a booklet of dhikr (short devotional phrases and prayers); but suggest the terrorist wear necklaces with a cross – but only those without Arabic names on their passports because “it may look strange”, and to wear perfumes and colognes containing “generic alcoholic perfume as everyone does” something usually avoided since Islam prohibits the use and consumption of alcohol.
As the article states; with the possibility of cross-bearing extremists attending churches disguised as Christians, its a perilous hour indeed for the West.