November 6th Americans will vote either to defend or surrender freedom in the most consequential national decision in U.S. history. We’re down to the wire. It’s now or never, victory or defeat. The time for talking is over.
Ever since our nation’s birth at Lexington and Concord, Freedom has always depended on gun owners to step forward to defend her with out voices, our votes, our fortunes and our sacred honor.
Power is a double edged sword. If we don’t pick it up and use it, we lose it. Gun owners who sit home on Election Day will have surrendered to Socialism.
Since taking office Obama has shown enough of his hand that there’s no doubt about what is in store for our Second Amendment rights if he wins a second term. The only way freedom can survive today is if gun owners across America go “All In” on Election Day.
Obama and his national lap dog media cheerleaders will never admit it, but Obama has spent his entire political career proposing, promoting or secretly supporting the most radical anti-firearm-freedom policies you can image.
Gun bans, ammunition bans, punitive taxes on firearms and ammunition, bans on the use of firearms for self-defense, even in our own homes. So don’t be taken in by campaign slick slogans and promises to protect your rights. Don’t let your friends, family and fellow gun owners and hunters be fooled. Don’t let the lap dog media cheerleaders lie to you either.
When the Obama re-election machine tries to downplay or deny his lifelong history of attacking Second Amendment rights to keep and bear arms, set the record straight by citing the truth – chapter and verse.
His proposals, his votes, his positions and his public statements over the years all prove that Barack Obama is the most anti-gun president ever to occupy the Oval Office.
- In 1996 Obama supported a ban on the manufacture, sale and possession of all handguns.
- In 1998 Obama endorsed the ban on the sale or transfer of all semi-automatic firearms.
- In 1999 Obama supported a 500% increase in taxes on both guns and ammunition.
- In 1999 Obama proposed banning gun stores within five miles of a school or park.
- In 1999 Obama cosponsored legislation limiting gun purchases to “one gun a month.”
- 1994-2002 Obama served on the board of directors of the radically anti-gun Joyce Foundation
- In 2003 Obama voted to ban hundreds of common, conventional rifles and shotguns.
- In 2004 Obama voted to prosecute victims who use guns for self-defense in the own homes.
- In 2004 Obama backed federal law to abolish the Right-to-Carry nationwide.
- In 2005 Obama voted to ban common rifle ammunition.
- In 2005 and again in 2006 Obama voted to expose the U.S. gun industry to potentially bankrupting lawsuits.
- In 2006 Obama voted to reject pro Second Amendment Supreme Court Justices John Roberts and Samuel Alito.
- In 2008 Obama supported the D.C. ban on guns in the home for self-defense and refused to sign bipartisan “friend of the court” brief urging the Supreme Court to overturn the D.C. ban.
- In 2008 Obama voted to jeopardize federal criminal investigations by opening up sensitive BATF gun trace data for manipulation by anti-gun politicians.
Although Obama tried to run from his anti-gun record during his election campaign, as soon as he’d won, he went back to his anti-gun roots. Since taking office Obama has continued to indulge his contempt for the Second Amendment – sometimes openly, sometimes covertly, but always with an eye to the long term goal.
Recently, Obama admitted his desire to re-impose the failed Clinton semi-automatic gun ban, a policy that he supported since the day he won the presidency. For evidence, all you had to do was take a look at the Obama transition team’s website – change.gov – which listed, as one of the incoming president’s agenda items: “making the expired federal Assault Weapons Ban permanent.”
Obama’s anti-gun bigotry was on full display even in their employment application questionnaire which asked applicants: “Do you or any members of your immediate family own a gun?” If the applicant answered yes, the application asked for complete ownership and registration information and a description of how and and by whom the gun in question had been the cause of any personal injuries or property damage.
From Secretary of State Hillary Clinton to Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel, to regulatory czar Cass Sunstein who said that all sport hunting should be banned, to Attorney General Eric Holder whose contempt for gun rights ended up with him being found in contempt of Congress, Obama’s stance on your firearms and freedom has been clear.
Less than 3 months after his inauguration, Obama claimed that the Mexico’s drug war “is being waged with guns purchased in the United States. . .” Almost simultaneously, officials throughout the Obama administration were spouting the same nonsense. But the truth came out. The Justice Department was engaged in a deadly scheme dubbed “Operation Fast and Furious,” in which agents of BATF allowed thousands and thousands of firearms to “walk” across the border into the hands of the Mexican drug cartels. Then the lies began in earnest to cover up Obama’s attempt to use this ruse to legislate gun control.
In his first term Obama stacked the Supreme Court with two of the most radically anti-gun justices in U.S. history – Sonia Sotomayor and Elena Kagan. If Obama wins re-election, over the next four years he will likely have the opportunity to appoint three more Supreme Court Justices. Do the math. A Supreme Court controlled by anti-gun zealots will not protect your Second Amendment rights from a United Nations gun ban treaty.
Every freedom we enjoy in America is gone under a second Obama presidency. It is all on the line. Your firearms, your freedoms, all of the founding principles and solemn ideals that have made America a beacon of hope for people around the world is in danger of being lost.
Gun owners and those that cherish America’s freedoms must join together to send him packing. On November 6 we can, we must reclaim our freedoms. It’s now or never. America needs you to stand up and be counted.
source: America’s First Freedom